This is a collection of scripts, tips, and tricks that I use as an Oracle
analyst and architect.
Scripts for DB administration and programming, in the following
Quick one-liners, examples of correct syntax & configuration.
- How to close a database link
- JDBC Connect String (Thin)
- Enable SQL statement tracing
- Sample MTS setup
- Create PFILE from SPFILE, or vice versa
- Move a LOB segment or its associated index
- Move a table partition
- SQL*Plus COPY statement (Used to copy tables w/ LONG fields)
- Simple Oracle Text (conText, interMedia Text) index
- Simple Oracle Text (conText, interMedia Text) query
- Extract basic Oracle Text index DDL
- Create and use a cursor variable
- Statspack report
- Purge old statspack snapshots
Most of my articles, publications & presentations
Useful Oracle links in the following categories:
- For DBAs
- Helpful Advice & Scripts
- Where to Go for Help
Note: Proofread any scripts before using. Always try
scripts on a test instance first. I'm not responsible for any damage,
even if you somehow manage to make my scripts corrupt every last byte of
your data, set your server on fire and serve you personally with an
eviction notice from your landlord!
All scripts and tips copyright Natalka Roshak 2001-2005.
Enjoy the FREE tips folks...